Thursday, April 5, 2018

1.2 Kyoto My Heart



Day Two of Aurora Skies is just as overcast as Day One.

Fairuza lays awake long after dawn, cold under thin quilts brought from Starlight Shores. Rock is asleep next to her like—yes—like a freaking rock, even though all of said quilt and most of the sheets somehow wound up bunched around Fairuza at some point during the night.

She scowls and tears herself out of bed. She won't get any warmer just laying there. She needs to get her blood moving. She needs to get out of this house.



She pulls on some fresh clothes, leaves a note for Rock and hops on her bicycle. There's no sign of activity from the neighbors, and for a moment she wonders what kind of people live in the mango colored house, and how she should introduce herself if she ever catches them outside.



Legs pumping, wheels bouncing over gravel. The bike goes where she steers it and she feels better. She feels like she's taking control of her life.



There's supposed to be a gym around here somewhere.




The gym turns out to be a teeny tiny shack, and a few pools outside.




The early bird gets the equipment to herself.






After an intense workout, she takes a dip in the pool...






...and practices skipping flat stones across the ocean waves.



After a while she returns to the machines, but they're all in use by others...



...so she ends up killing time playing gnubb with Ericka Berge.

They're pretty far into a mediocre conversation before Fairuza remembers Berge is the mayor.

"My boyfriend's father ran for mayor every election," Fairuza says, "but he never won. He was an environmentalist and organized protests against deforestation every time a new building went up. A lot of people thought he was crazy."

Mayor Berge is quick to assure Fairuza that Aurora Skies is very eco-friendly.

It says so right on the sims wiki.



By this time Rock is also awake, out and about, and making friends.



Local teen Wyzel Pierce didn't think he cared about politics, but when the conversation turns to funding for the local school, he suddenly finds he has a lot to say about it.

"We need more teachers, but Ms Flosadottir says all the funding comes with strings attached. Like, they got a lot of money they were told to budget for 'technology', so they spent it on new computer labs and a new intercom system they didn't need, because they weren't allowed to spend it on new staff, or fixing ceiling leaks, or anything more useful. That's dumb, right? Why do people who don't ever step foot in the school get to decide what the school needs most? Technology sounds great, but it's not what we needed."



This visit to the park wasn't just to meet people. Rock visits every street vendor, hoping to find a present for Fairuza.



Presents cheer women up, right?




After an exhaustive search, poor Rock is empty-handed, so he asks Fairuza to meet him at The Drunken Song. It's a treat and a night out, but it also counts as exploring the town, which they should be doing together instead of separately, in his opinion.

The Drunken Song is a karaoke place, right on the shore. According to word of mouth, it's one of the few places in town they can afford to visit that isn't a total dive.



"I know you brought me here to cheer me up, but I think I'm okay now. I'm sorry I've been such a grump."

Rock can't stop smiling at the dress she brought out for the occasion.




Fairuza finds out her boyfriend is plotting to organize a protest. Just like his old man.




A more responsible couple would not be pissing away money on drinks, but this couple is fine living on the brink of financial ruin, so they spend as if good luck is just around the corner, as opposed to saving every possible simoleon to safeguard against bad luck.

Fairuza wanted to try a Zen Zinger. Rock, the hopeless romantic, orders a Kyoto My Heart.



Rock talks politics with the bartender.



The Kyoto My Heart was reportedly great, so Fairuza tries that on round two, while Rock goes for a Sapphire Samurai.

"I love the little heart stirring thing," Fairuza comments. "It's soooo cute."

"I know!" Rock agrees.



After enough drinks, karaoke started to sound fun. One shouldn't leave a karaoke place without singing at least one song, right?



 They are objectively horrible singers.




Luckily there is only one person here besides the bartender.

Astrid Vinter, heavily pregnant, is too absorbed in reading 'Do I Exist?' to notice the bad singing.



Their money spent up, Rock and Fairuza return to their cottage and fall into bed, because there is literally nothing else to do in said cottage.

 

"You're too ripped to be a politician," she says.












_________________________________________________
Etc.: I usually don't do the "1 day = 1 chapter" thing. Expect the pace to pick up soon!

The Drunken Song is one of Owly's lots. I didn't have all of the CC so I ruined it changed it up a little. I placed it near the ocean for reasons and painted it blue because... while it looks better in red... there are a lot of bright red buildings in Aurora Skies.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to ask about the lots. That gym shack is really adorable... I just hope the pool is heated. I kept thinking Fairuza looks pretty underdressed for Aurora Skies, lol.

    Great chapter! Is it too soon to wonder about babies? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairuza is stubborn, and it's technically summertime in-game. :D

      You can wonder about babies to your heart's content, but the sims will wait until they are ready!

      Delete
  2. I've been wondering how to express it and I'm still not sure I've found the right words, but there is something very pure about Fairuza that makes her so likable! I hope she comes to terms with living in AS eventually, but for now her sullenness about her situation is just super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying the new legacy! :D

      Delete